Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A 2006 Suzuki Forenza Has Less Than 18 Thousand Miles I Keep The Oil Changes Nd Service Up To Date I Currently Have It In The Shop For A Noise In The Motor.. However.. This Horrid Noise Has Yet To Have Shown Itself To The Techs.. I Try To Explain That It Doesnt Happen All The Time But It Is Very Loud When This Happens.. Here Is What Happens Sometimes Cold Start But Usually After Being Drivien Turn Off Leave Sit Return Start Car Engine Revs High Like Choke Stuck Open With A Horrid Sound Kinda Like Lifters Or Something Takes A A Few Secs To Idle Down And Go Quiet.. However My Suzuki Shop Will Not Put The Car On Compter For Codes Because It Hasnt Ever Had A Lite Come On... Im Gettin Ready To Take The Car On An 1800 Mile Journey One Way And Im Terrified I Will Drop A Lifter Or A Rod Go Through The Pan... Any Suggestions??

·
Registered
82 Posts
My guess would be a leaky fuel injector making the engine diesel on start and the noise would be valve clatter- like on a cold winter start.

Should just need to get the injectors tightened or torqued or might need to get one or two replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But It Doesnt Always Do This And Not When Its Cold Always After A Warm Start And Shouldnt A Light Come On In The Computer If This Is Happening They Wont Put It On Pc Unless A Lite Comes On>>>

·
Registered
507 Posts
If you really want to pay the 85$ to check the codes anyway and see what they say or somehow read the codes yourself. I don't how to do that unfortunantly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts