Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased an 85 SJ413 here in Germany where I am stationed. Pretty sweet little ride. It has the factory diff lock in the rear end and the hand brake is on the driveshaft. The engine is the standard 1.3 liter engine and I have terrible noise coming from the head and it gets quitter when it warms but the noise is constant and loud. It is not from the bottom end. I already dropped the pan and inspected all 4 rods and the crank. I am certain it is in the head. I already tried to adjust the valves and the noise is still there. Is this common ? Is there a cure minus pulling the head and freshening it up?
I am having serious trouble finding a machine shop over here that is relatively inexpensive. They consider themselves to be premo I guess.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
They shouldn't be particularly loud. You should be able to see if there is any damage to the cam, otherwise if the screws are tight and the valve clearances are correct then there isn't much that can make a noise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Noise.

It is a good bit of noise coming from the top end. It could be the piston slap I hear people referring to. I just found a totalled 1998 swift with a 1.3. I can get everything out of it for 400. It runs well it was just rear ended. Has anyone done this swap? The DOHC would probably be a sweet upgrade.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Its been done, there are a couple of guys on Auszookers running this conversion and there is a good deal of info there too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts