Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a problem with my samurai...i start it up idles fine sounds fine...put it in first gear and it runs fine then shift to second and it loses all power bogges down shift to third it tries to take off then does the same as second did and fourth and fifth does the same...after i run it hard for about 2 miles or so it clears up...does anyone have any ideas??? i have changed the plugs,wires,distibuter cap,rotor button trying to clear it up but no luck yet!

also since i put the new cap and button on i hear a noise coming for the distubuter any ideas about it? thanks

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
If it clears up after a few miles then its probably the fuel mixture. A cold engine needs a higher fuel content in the fuel air mixture than a warm engine. Check to make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks and if you have old or worn vacuum hoses, replace them. (vacuum line is cheap and easy to replace) might check or replace the fuel filter too if it hasn't been done in a while.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i check all vac lines and replaced fuel filter again still had same prob...i was guided to check the carb and when i opened it one of the brass barrels on the float was broken i have order a plastic float to replace the old one could that have been my problem? and where can i get the seals for the brake master cylinder resevoir

1 - 4 of 4 Posts