Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a Jimni 1.3 16v '01.
Some time ago, with the engine running, suddenly it started doing cut-offs ( like there is problem with firing the cylinders or like there is problem with the fuel) and the engine started reving up and down uncontrollable. At the same time the immobilizer led was blinking. Since then I have replaced the fuel filter and the camshaft sensor but this was not the solution. From the service department they say that the computer does not show some problem when they connect it to find out what it is. Any idea what this could be?

Thank you in advance.

hylicpro

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there,

I do have a simillar problem. I have the vitara 1.6 16 valve engine on my car. I have the problem of my engine running up and down (between 2.500 and 700 RPM, but only when the engine is cold, then it stops and only runs on high RPM when stoping (eg on a cross road) for a few seconds. The Suzuki computer cant find any problem. I personally believe that the broblem may is a "stuck" sensor has the role of automatic "chock" which exists on all new technology cars. Tell your service to look for this. I will personally wait untill this goes off, since the proplem last only for some minutes every morning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kalianic,

The blinking of the immobilizer was proved to be nothing else than a symptom just to make things look worst than they really are. I replaced the crankshaft sensor and thats it. Since then no problem. It's also a relatively cheap part (65 euros). So if it starts getting annoying even in the mornings and people in suzuki have not a clue (common thing) what it is, you can try it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts