Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
My gauge is sitting in the centre of the white area. If my gauge was in the position shown in your photo I would have it off the road immediately. There is something wrong with it. Now the fact that it doesn't move into the red or water level changes then something is not working as it should as opposed to an absolute failure somewhere. You don't say what your normal position is (although I hope it isn't as in the photo). It looks to me as if something is only partly working like maybe the radiator cap is only opening partly or very sluggishly rather than being jammed solid. If it was my car I would do the following first (because it is easy and cheap) - new radiator cap, flush the entire engine, check for soft or spongy radiator hoses, check the fans come on when they should, check the radiator overflow tube is unobstructed. Examine the coolant to make sure it is good (not milky or frothy or with lumps in it). My experience with other vehicles says that when your temp gauge moves at all (other than very slight movements that you can pin down to coincide with say, climbing a steep hill, then something is majorly wrong and not far from an expensive repair.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts