Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been almost a half year that the engine code lights. First it said that the lambda sensor has to be changed. After it was done, the light was still on and it said that the Catalyst system efficiency below threshold. After that I made also the catalyst system changed, however, the light is still lighting. The computer says the same: "Catalyst system efficiency below threshold", however, it was changed yet. Now I am confused, what should I do? Have you had any similar problem, or any idea for solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
835 Posts
WOuld be relevant to know where you live, what car model you have, engine, transmision, AWD?, year model...etc.
Fill up your profile and/or signature and replies will start.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It has been almost a half year that the engine code lights. First it said that the lambda sensor has to be changed. After it was done, the light was still on and it said that the Catalyst system efficiency below threshold. After that I made also the catalyst system changed, however, the light is still lighting. The computer says the same: "Catalyst system efficiency below threshold", however, it was changed yet. Now I am confused, what should I do? Have you had any similar problem, or any idea for solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.
I have had this same problem for 60k miles. the code is 420? Says to replace both oxygen sensors first then the catalytic system last. Car runs great but Cruise Control wont work with light on. On trips I disconnect battery each time I fill up so I have CC for the entire trip. I have the 2.0 with manual and AWD.

·
Registered
8,492 Posts
Rather than using a parts Cannon, circuit integrity diagnostics should be you route..

… Philip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts