Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there!

i have this problem. maybe you can share your opinions on why this occurs.

everytime i drive my carry when it's raining, the engine suddenly dies. this will happen either the vehicle is in idle state or moving. if i restart it, the engine would turn on. after a few kilometers, the engine dies again. i already had the carburetor checked and cleaned.

what seems to be the problem?

before the engine dies and when i step on the accelerator to give it more power, it feels like i'm applying brakes.

pls help. thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like a short in the fuel pump or you have moister in the fuse box area. Cant be a mechanical issue. Hook up an in-line fuel presure gage and drive it in the rain, see if the pressure drops. Moister in the fuel tank will also destroy a fuel pump. See if your filter has moister in it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hello there!

i have this problem. maybe you can share your opinions on why this occurs.

everytime i drive my carry when it's raining, the engine suddenly dies. this will happen either the vehicle is in idle state or moving. if i restart it, the engine would turn on. after a few kilometers, the engine dies again. i already had the carburetor checked and cleaned.

what seems to be the problem?

before the engine dies and when i step on the accelerator to give it more power, it feels like i'm applying brakes.

pls help. thanks!
Bro,

It's a common problem to most of the mini-truck/van-type/passenger
vehicle. When your high tension wire get wet, there is a possibilty that
the current that flows from the distrbutor to spark plug shorts to ground
shuting off the engine. Or the spark plug contacts get wet so it is very
difficult for it to spark.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies!

solved the problem. replaced the fuel pump because its not working properly. it will just stop working on its own.

·
Registered
37 Posts
hi friend
yup maybe in ur fuel pump since it is an electronic type it is prone to short circuit try to check if the pump is too hot when ur engine dies then it must have a clicking sound when ur turn ur key to ON mode.also try to check the wires from ur delco which is connected to ur spark plugs,there is a possibility that it got wet disabling ur sparkplugs to function.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts