Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Sami blew a head gasket and this seems like the right time to replace the week 1.3 stock motor with something just a little bit stronger. While I would love to go with a VW 1.6td (I've owned 1.6td, 1.9td, 1.9tdi vws and love the little motor) the difficultly of finding a relatively inexpensive used one is beyond me.
on the other hand my local junkyard has two Suzuki motors, 1.6 16 valve and a 1.6 (8 or 16valve) that can be had relatively cheaply. here's my problem, the 16 valve is headed for the crusher and try as I might I can't seem to talk the junkyard guy into letting me grab the motor first. The other engine doesn't have any stickers that identify it as a 16 or 8 valve. The underhood sticker says it's Suzuki engine family: LSK 1.6T5FFC6
any idea on what that signifies?
anyone?
thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
engine designation decipher, anyone?

duh? really? you're an 'expert' and that's the best you can do? lmfao

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
duh? really? you're an 'expert' and that's the best you can do? lmfao
valve cover identifies it

now, say thank you,

then your next question should be "will the 1.3 gearbox bolt up to the 1.6 engine?"

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you?

really? really?
say 'thank you'? really?
I guess my default position is to meet snark with snark...
now if somebody had said, "the 16-valve motor has the oil fill location located at the front of the valve cover and the 8-valve motor has it at the rear of the motor", or "that engine code identifies the motor as an 8-valve motor" I would have said "thank you".
But when somebody says "pull the valve cover", I'm thinking well "if that's an expert response the bar for 'expert' status must be pretty frickin' low".
thanks for NOTHING!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts