Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 suzuki forenza s. After starting the car, the smoke gradually comes out from the pipe, after 1 or 2 minutes, the smoke becomes really heavy and some smoke also comes under the hood. the color is kind of blue at first, after some time it turns to kind of white from the pipe. It doesn't smell like water vapor though. I've tried the engine compression test, all four cyclinders seems to have normal pressures. Not sure what I should do with it, see if anyone know what happens here.

·
Super Moderator
19,087 Posts
Do you show a loss of coolant or engine oil? :huh:

Do a coolant system pressure check for signs of possible internal engine coolant leakage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no loss of coolant as I see. Everytime I have to shut down the engine two minutes after I turned on the key because there are too much daunting smoke. So there are no significant oil losses. But I do see some engine oils on in the lower part of the engine from the hood. The smokes come from the lower part too. I didn't notice any oil leak onto the ground when the engine is not running though

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Hi. There are a couple of possibilities here. So where do you see the oil leaking from under the hood? This is important because it might be your only issue. Another thing to remember is a little oil makes a big mess lol. Also click your oil. Does it look milky at all? Also remove the oil cap and check the underside of it. Does that look milky at all? Let us know

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply.
I've attached some photos here. Two of them are showing the smoke from the pipe, it really is daunting

Two of them shows the smoke under the hood, it looks like to me the smoke is from between the engine and the exhaust module?

I also checked the oil, they looks fine though

really struggling in finding the actual cause...
The car has been sitting in the driveway for two months...

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Smoke like that could be from oil where it's not supposed to be or from antifreeze where it's not supposed to be. I fogey if you said you had it done but have you had a leakdown test and compression test done? Have you checked your spark plugs for fouling? That can help pinpoint a problem with a cylendar.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've performed compression test, all of the cyclinders are around 200psi. Haven't done leakdown test and spark plug foul yet, will search how to do it later. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Just remove the plugs and have a look at them. Don't mix up which plug comes from which cylender though. They should all look relatively the same. If one looks different it could indicate a problem with that cylender

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
These are the four spark plugs in the picture, do you see any differences. To me maybe the second one a little darker than the rest in the middle, and the 1st and 3rd one has cracks. What possible problems do they indicate? I have purchased the leakdown test kit but do I need an air compressor too? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
19,087 Posts
It looks like you have at least two cracked insulators (the white portion). :huh:

Poor firing too, as observed by the blackened electrode portions. Replace the plugs with OE spec plugs, and not the double electrode style as pictured is my suggestion and let's go from there. ;)

And that coolant system leak test, suggested earlier.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Do the old plugs have oil on them? It looks like there's oil on the threads? Also keep checking your fluid levels for any change.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Ok. What color is the smoke coming out. You say blue then white? White would indicate burning water blue, oil. How much oil is in the car? If it's overfilled it could be causing the car to burn off oil. Also does the car overheat at all?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts