Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GIZMO did not have a dome light when I aquired him. Today with the origional wiring to the light I hooked up a dome light. When I hooked up the battery terminal saw a very small arc like something was drawing current. I hit the button on the light and no light.......however the high beam indicator on dash was on. Headlights were not on. I turned on the headlights and they came on. When I hit the high beams the indicator went off. Before you ask....yes the light is good. Any ideas are welcome.

GIZMO

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sure sounds like a bad ground somewhere. Dome light circuit might be going to ground through the high beam indicator light and headlight bulbs. I'm guessing the indicator bulb is a lower wattage that the dome, so, it lights. Hit the hi beams and the ground through the headlights is gone. Check the "key in ignition buzzer" wire connections, as it uses the same gound as the door button for the dome light. Just a guess as to where to start.

After thinking about this more, I remember that when the dome light is switched to the on position at the light, grounding is through the fixture mounting screw and not the door button. If' you haven't checked for any blown fuses, start there. My 78 Chevy dome light used to come on when my tail light fuse was blown.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts