Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Im a newie, just bought my motor after years of searching for the right one
have an issue, so need help please!
anybody had this problem? ( 96 Suzuki X-90 2WD 1,6 16v manual)

The passenger side electric window does not work (ITS RIGHT HAND DRIVE, uk )
Drivers side great, no problem, but pass side no!

also, may be related, radio not working, and only one brake light.

could it be something simple (fuse?) or more serious (window motor?)
i couldn't even FIND the fuse box!
any ideas please??
thanks
Phil

·
Registered
1991 Hardtop 3-door Tracker 1.6L 4WD 5-Speed No A/C
516 Posts
I have no idea where the fuse box is on your X-90, but a blown fuse is the first thing that comes to mind. I'll keep my fingers crossed. If you don't have a manual, there is probably one on line. Some fuse boxes come with a couple of spares inside attached to the cover/door/flap. There is often a "list" of what's what, like "RADIO", "HEADLIGHT", etc. -- often hard to see, let alone read.

·
Super Moderator
15,733 Posts
Do you have a meter? Do you know how to use one? An X-90 will have two fuse boxes, one under the hood, and the other under the dash on the driver's side.

If one brake light works but not the other, it's not fuse related - start by checking the bulbs, if they are good check the wiring, including the grounds.

If the driver's side power window works, but not the passenger's side, it's not fuse related - you'll need to get your hands dirty on this one (or take it to an auto-electrician) - in my experience, when a Suzuki power window stops working, nine times out of ten it's switch related, and please be aware that there's a switch for the passenger's side window on the driver's side door - both switches need to be fully functional for the window to work.
The switches tend to arc and burn the contacts, cleaning resolves the problem temporarily, and this is one case where I suggest use of aftermarket replacement switches - they typically have larger more robust contacts than the OEM parts.

The radio, you can start with the fuse, you might get lucky, but I'm thinking it's time to upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
25,243 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Aside from the good info above, you may want to check out Rhino’s service manuals in this link:
There is also a wiring diagram that may be appropriate for you. I don’t know what market your X-90 was built for - note that the US went to OBD2 in 1996, but the UK and EU did not until after 2000. If your X-90 was built for the US market, you would still be OBD1. Fordem may know the answer to this, as the X-90 was only built for 3 years, AFAIK.
While the X-90 has a different body than the Vitara/Sidekick, it does share many of the same components. This is the parts catalog for the UK (E02) version of the X-90, which will give you diagrams, part numbers, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts