Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any one know about life time of injector nozzoles, & how it works with fual consuption Vs Aging time. How it can clean

·
Registered
33 Posts
with proper maintenance the injectors should last the life time of the car. Hopefully because the price of one injector is pretty high, about eight thousand pesos for a brand new one. Just change your fuel filter periodically and use a fuel injector cleaner in your fuel from time to time. Only time one goes bad usually is some dirt gets caught in the spout. As for fuel consumption make sure they're clean to maximize.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how to clean injectors

with proper maintenance the injectors should last the life time of the car. Hopefully because the price of one injector is pretty high, about eight thousand pesos for a brand new one. Just change your fuel filter periodically and use a fuel injector cleaner in your fuel from time to time. Only time one goes bad usually is some dirt gets caught in the spout. As for fuel consumption make sure they're clean to maximize.
Thanks for your guidance. Dear my vehical is Suzuki budy 1999 model with F6A Engine, can you say where is fual filter location. And pls explain how to clean the injectors, what chemical we can use for that.

thanks dear

·
Registered
33 Posts
sure well i assume your engine is mounted in the rear. if so the fuel filter is located under neath the car behind the spare tire. you'll have to take out your spare first. If you replace it make sure to get one which is made for fuel injection engines. Usually they are metal. don't replace it with a plastic one which is usually for carb engines. The high pressure will crack the plastic one. As for the chemical you can buy a fuel injector cleaner at any local auto store. Usually you pour it in before filling your tank with gas. Hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sure well i assume your engine is mounted in the rear. if so the fuel filter is located under neath the car behind the spare tire. you'll have to take out your spare first. If you replace it make sure to get one which is made for fuel injection engines. Usually they are metal. don't replace it with a plastic one which is usually for carb engines. The high pressure will crack the plastic one. As for the chemical you can buy a fuel injector cleaner at any local auto store. Usually you pour it in before filling your tank with gas. Hope this helps ;)
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your reply,
My vehical engine mounted on front side, I will show you. can you show me the fual filter location.

·
Registered
33 Posts
hehe not sure on your engine, but you can trace the fuel line to the filter. Start at the fuel railing where your injectors are connected to. Then trace the line to the fuel filter. should be a metal looking can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fuel filters will definitely help to keep your nozzles healthy. However, you could use the commercial injector cleaners or put some automatic transmission (ATF) in your fuel tank. I did some research on it and they say ATF is a detergent which would clean your injectors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
gud pm bai , parehas ta ug ride. the fuel filter is inside the fuel tank itself as the mechanic says were i purchased mine. I put additive to my fuel every time i change oil and spark plug usually every 5000km. My concern is that if any body knows how to adjust the air-fuel mixture, the mechanic (Reliance Center) wla sad sila naka tol2x kong asa sad. Naka search ko naa kno sa control box naay potentiometer pero wla man say diagram nga gi post. basin naay naka hibaw ninyo diha, it will be of great help.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your reply,
My vehical engine mounted on front side, I will show you. can you show me the fual filter location.
Look underneath around the location of fuel tank; there has to be one mounted externally.... I have never heard of anything else.... it maybe on frame rail or very close proximity to the tank!!!

Small can shape or slightly larger fastened to the body or frame rail! They don't mount fuel filters in engine compartment manuafacturers don't often because of fire hazard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts