Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue and question I am trying to replace the ECU for a 1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara bought originally from the Suzuki Dealer in Georgetown, Guyana , South America with a 2000 cc ( J20A ) engine , automatic transmission , 4Wd , 5 Door model.The original ECU is 33920-65DB3 And I am getting a new replacement ECU from Japan with the following number 33920-65D15. I would like to know if this is compatible and will work with the vehicle here.. the Ecu is a bit costly and will not be able to return it if it doesn't work , So i need to be sure. THANKS
I have the same jeep j20a 2.0 my ecu # should be 33920-65db4 but I'm using a 33920-65db2 no engine light but the transmission shifting late so don't know I need some help please.

·
Super Moderator
18,199 Posts
Why did you change ECU's and when did the transmission problem begin?

Your situation and needs are a bit unclear, as is your quoting an older post from another Member. What is the relevance there?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
X
Why did you change ECU's and when did the transmission problem begin?

Your situation and needs are a bit unclear, as is your quoting an older post from another Member. What is the relevance there?
the 3392065db4 was stolen from jeep at mechanic shop so we get one 3392065db2 it run the jeep but it have transmission changing problem there is no engine light so I just know if it's ecu or transmission have problem because I did get the transmission check but same problem please.

·
Super Moderator
18,199 Posts
Then apparently the ECU that you swapped in is not designed to operate with the automatic transmission you have. You need the correct replacement ECU to do that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
W
Then apparently the ECU that you swapped in is not designed to operate with the automatic transmission you have. You need the correct replacement ECU to do that.
that's what I thought but the new one cost more than the jeep i would like a used one or something that would work for good price please.

·
Super Moderator
18,199 Posts
Notice pictured here there is "4AT" in the computer identification label? THAT would indicate a 4 speed auto transmission supportive ECU, I believe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Notice pictured here there is "4AT" in the computer identification label? THAT would indicate a 4 speed auto transmission supportive ECU, I believe.

I'm really grateful for all the help I'm getting thanks, I have about 4 ECU that I bought I search all over can't get right one.

·
Super Moderator
18,199 Posts
I can't distinguish enough of the label to tell much from it.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
They have a lot that plug and play, it's the firmware coding that's different, and is matched to engine and trans combination

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks I'll try anything don't want to dump my Vitara I love it some parts numders please.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GD guys ? The original Vitara ECU # 33920-65db4 but I'm using this #33920-65db2 I drive it most days no engine check light, no stalling, no hard start Ac cold as ice but the only problem I have when it is in drive it revv up before the gear change from 1 to 2 so please something's not adding up. PS I'm not a mechanic or a tec guy just own Vitara thanks.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Describe the "rev up" does it sound like is slipping, or just that it wants to rev higher before it shifts to 2nd?

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,747 Posts
When was the last Transmission service completed ??

Colour, smell and fluid level ??

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,747 Posts
Have you started to diagnose yet ??

Condition ?? Have you checked the shift down cable adjustment ??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts