Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89' 2 door Sidekick 5 speed 1.6L
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to have a RZR killer and am considering a 2.3L ecoboost and 4 link for the Sidekick. Won't be cheap but I think I can get it done for around 15k and would definitely be worth the grin everytime I blew the doors off a RZR! I've had a ton of Fords and a few different ecoboost motors that have proven to be solid and powerful enough for any challenge. Not sure what else is a better option if I can squeeze 400hp out of it!

·
Super Moderator
14,567 Posts
What are your plans for the drive train itself - especially the front end?

·
Registered
146 Posts
have you even driven an RZR on proper boulders? I did, their main advantage is the 18" suspension travel, not power.
you simply dont slow down even in front a 10" rock step, you just drive on as if it is not there, pretty surreal.
people have done this crazy stuff already, just follow their template.
in any case, for that kind of build youll find a more similar minded crowd in the zukiwolrd or other extreme off-road forums than here IMHO.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have you even driven an RZR on proper boulders? I did, their main advantage is the 18" suspension travel, not power.
you simply dont slow down even in front a 10" rock step, you just drive on as if it is not there, pretty surreal.
in any case, for that kind of build youll find a more similar minded crowd in the zukiwolrd or other extreme off-road forums than here IMHO.
View attachment 99804
I'm in the dreamer strange right now and don't know enough to even begin to answer that. It is way beyond my skill set or knowledge. Until it becomes a financial nightmare or I'm made aware of a pennies to dollars comparable substitute I'll be looking to make this happen by fall.

I'm sure I could do a Honda setup with a type R for much cheaper but I'd rather push the envelope.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
View attachment 99804
Once or twice 😉

·
Registered
146 Posts
good, then you are going to have a ford 400hp motor, tranny to match, toyota axles or that four link axle suspension combo, maybe the bodywork of your original car left. Are you sure you are really beating those RZR with a "Sidekick"?
:)

·
Registered
1991 Hardtop 3-door Tracker 1.6L 4WD 5-Speed No A/C
285 Posts
Turbo, Are you saying that appearance isn't EVERYTHING?????????????

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good, then you are going to have a ford 400hp motor, tranny to match, toyota axles or that four link axle suspension combo, maybe the bodywork of your original car left. Are you sure you are really beating those RZR with a "Sidekick"?
:)
Whatever it is called it will be one Kick-Ass ride! 🤔

1 - 9 of 9 Posts