Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have a 93 sidekick with ecm # 33920-58b60. Can I use a different ecm to get my sidekick running? I can’t find the exact one I need anywhere!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I can't answer your question about cross referencing different ECM units, but I can offer a different solution.

Repairs ECMs and other auto electronics. Turn around is good. Give him a call or email; he usually responds pretty quickly.

He fixed mine for my 89 Sidekick. It's been a month or so and it has been working well.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
25,040 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I suspect that your engine does not start and you believe that the ECU is an issue?? Have you removed the ECU from the car? If so, open the ECU up, and see if you have 3 large capacitors that say Rubycon on the side (or post a photo of your ECU). Normally the ECU stops working when those caps have dried up or leaked, and it’s a $5 fix to replace the caps. Post #34 here gives the details of those caps, as well as a source to buy them.
If you buy the caps this way, any computer guy can solder them in for you and clean the board, if there hasn’t been too much damage.
Otherwise, there are people on ebay where you send your ECU in, and they do this for you.

·
Registered
1991 Hardtop 3-door Tracker 1.6L 4WD 5-Speed No A/C
433 Posts
This is GREAT advise. First, figure out what the problem is. That might take some time and effort. If it is the ECM you have options -- junk yard, do-it-yourself, rebuild. Either way, keep in touch -- and consider a spare if you want to keep it going long term -- like me!!!!!!!!

DO NOT start replacing things Willy-Nilly assuming they are the problem. Figure out what is the problem FIRST!!!! If it is a BAD ECU, it can shut everything down!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts