Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 Grand Vitara. Recently, at 142,000 miles, I started having trouble getting 1st gear or reverse without crunching. Got it off the ground and while under, saw the slave cylinder leaking. Bought a new one and installed. Thought that was the problem. Wrong... contorted my way under the dash figuring to extend the clutch rod a bit. Then saw the clutch cylinder was also leaking. Bought new and installed. Now, after bleeding system, I figure I'm fat city. Nope... still can't get 1st or reverse without crunch. :mad: Well, being as old as I am, I'm unable to crawl under and lay the transmission on my chest like the old days. So, I asked my younger neighbor to do the job for me. It set at his house for a little over a week before he could get to it. He calls me and asked why I wanted to change the clutch when the car acts perfectly normal.
Lesson learned... although I was sure I bled it enough, I guess I was wrong. Setting there for that time apparently allowed air bubbles to work there way up and out of the fluid.
Car now runs and shifts fine with no crunching anymore. I will however keep the clutch kit on the shelf for future use. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts