Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
E85 is corrosive to normal fuel system components. The E-85 Impala is tuned for E85 or Gasoline use but the real difference is in the corrosion resistant components that cost GM around 100-200 bucks out of pocket and are a no-cost option to the consumer.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
there are a lot of GM cars that have the option even though they don't say flex-fuel on them. there's a list somewhere that has all the older vehicles that can run on it without harm.

·
Registered
223 Posts
We got like 4 pumps here in SA, one about 1 mile from my house so it wouldn't be to bad to get it and it's like 50 cent cheaper than regular gas. But if you use more to get the same power then it's kinda not even worth it.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
boao2k2 said:
We got like 4 pumps here in SA, one about 1 mile from my house so it wouldn't be to bad to get it and it's like 50 cent cheaper than regular gas. But if you use more to get the same power then it's kinda not even worth it.
exactly. but its not meant to run like leaded gas. its supposed to be environmentally friendly and it uses less fossil fuels. it wasn't made so tuners can make their cars faster.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i suppose i should've posted back sooner haha

my bad

anyway i've just been noticing gas stations with E85 around central ohio, where i live, and was wondering.

i called the dealership and their reply was "no, no that shouldn't be in there"

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Zipper said:
The thing that gets me is, car exhaust isn't in the top five pollutants. Its more like #8, and thats combined with a few other "Smoke" causing things like factorys.

If I would stop poloution at the #1 cause. Volcanos! Stop those, you knock out a huge pollutant
But we need certain parts of poloution for the OZ.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
they should build domes around farms...keep the smell out, collect gasses, ect.

i like how the exhaust gasses came up. our car has very low emmisions(stock, anyways). our "pre cat" is equivalent to the catalytic converters that they put on sports cars. and after that, we have the main cat, which pulls out even more bad stuff. if we are able to run on E85, i would love to see the emissions tests. you could cook and eat out of your muffler :p

·
Registered
223 Posts
cows farting:lol: turn it into energy. yeah with E85 emmissions would be super low, but what's up with the dealer saying no. I read that most cars today, even though they may not say E85 vehicle are equipped to handle E85 because of the standards set by the gov a while back to mix ethanol with standard gas anyway to cut down on emissions. Gas now already has like 10% ethanol in it. E85 just has 85% ethanol and 15% conventional gas products.:confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts