Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I am going to get laughed at, It might as well be here. My question is, what is a Duty Meter. I have replaced the carb on my Samurai and am wanting to check the fuel mixture. The manual says to connect Duty Meter to the duty check coupler. I have found the coupler but have now Idea what a Duty Meter is. It says that the reading should be between 10-50. It I can use my voltage meter to check this, let me know how.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
I think the duty rating is a percentage of the battery voltage. Hopefully someone can confirm or refute this.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think that duty cycle measures what percentage of the time a component is energized. I have no clue as to whether a voltmeter could be used but I'd doubt it.

That's my guess and I'm sticking to it until another member posts the absolute correct answer.

Phil

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Phils, I think your's is closer to the mark.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
An old fashioned voltmeter with a needle can be used as the damping on the mechanism averages the reading. So at 12V supply 50% duty cycle the meter will read 6V. The only problem is that not all Suzuki ECUs output a voltage, so you may need a pull up resistor to 12V.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts