Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked my new Ignis up on Saturday and drove 10 miles to get to my parents. Was gutted I had lost the Ignis circle from the middle of the alloy.

I phoned up Suzuki and the price for 1 is £20.75 didn't expect them to be so expensive.

·
Registered
306 Posts
So I picked my new Ignis up on Saturday and drove 10 miles to get to my parents. Was gutted I had lost the Ignis circle from the middle of the alloy.

I phoned up Suzuki and the price for 1 is £20.75 didn't expect them to be so expensive.
They're about £8 a set of 4 - aftermarket. Just search Suzuki wheel centres on Ebay and look for similar to the ones fitted. They don't come out easily so one couldn't have been replaced properly - is it worth a complaint to the selling dealer?

·
Super Moderator
15,721 Posts
If you're looking on ebay, make sure you're getting the correct size - they come in different diameters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're about £8 a set of 4 - aftermarket. Just search Suzuki wheel centres on Ebay and look for similar to the ones fitted. They don't come out easily so one couldn't have been replaced properly - is it worth a complaint to the selling dealer?
I have complained and he said that not much he could do because I have bought the car 2nd hand. I bought it from a Mitsubishi garage he said I may have gone over a rough road or pot hole. This is just not good. But the ones on ebay are replicas ain't they?

·
Super Moderator
15,721 Posts
Wouldn’t it be easier just to say the size needed?
I can tell you what size MY vehicles take, and because MY vehicles have different sizes I know there are different sizes available, so I can alert other owners to the possibility or errors being made - what's YOUR excuse?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have complained and he said that not much he could do because I have bought the car 2nd hand. I bought it from a Mitsubishi garage he said I may have gone over a rough road or pot hole. This is just not good. But the ones on ebay are replicas ain't they?
Yes replicas. Unfortunately you won’t find a genuine one for much less than dealer price but used ones do appear on EBay sometimes.. Properly fitted, it’s highly unlikely that a centre will come adrift on the roughest of roads. Might be worth checking that the other three are properly installed. Essentially the cap should be flush in it’s recess - If it’s not fully home all around the edge, chances are that it will dislodge. Tyre fitters need to remove the centre cap to balance the wheel and they’re sometimes not diligent that the cap is squarely clipped in when it’s replaced.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I can tell you what size MY vehicles take, and because MY vehicles have different sizes I know there are different sizes available, so I can alert other owners to the possibility or errors being made - what's YOUR excuse?
I don’t need an excuse - unlike yourself, I’ll happily quote the size if anyone asks.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,711 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine are 56mm so my brother in law did the measuring for me and ordered 4 now. Just didn't expect to lose one.

·
Super Moderator
15,721 Posts
56mm - interesting - I measured one of my Suzukis at 55mm, I found them on ebay at 54mm & 60mm - I played it safe and ordered a single OEM part, I believe it cost me around USD$12, plus shipping. Let's hope the ones you get fit.

The other two Suzukis I have take a 106mm cap.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'd complain to the dealer - they shouldn't fall out! I've never had a centre cap fall out of an alloy - and I'm now retired!

·
Super Moderator
15,721 Posts
Post #5 suggests she tried that and was told she bought it used. I dislike the style of the caps used on the newer Suzukis because they are inserted from the front of the wheel - that allows them to fall out if they are not properly inserted, the caps on my older Suzuki, and my Mitsubishi have to be inserted from behind, so if they're loose they're trapped against the hub and can't be lost.

I lost one from my JB series Grand Vitara, maybe it was not properly inserted at some point, maybe someone stole it, who knows.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Even if bought used if they WERE all in place when bought then it's the dealer's issue. If one WAS missing at point of sale then it's the vendor's issue. The post isn't clear on this matter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I bought the car from Mitsubishi on Saturday all 4 circles was there. I drove the car and on the Sunday I had lost 1 my dad checked the others pressed them and another one came out with only 3 clips.

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I bought the car from Mitsubishi on Saturday all 4 circles was there. I drove the car and on the Sunday I had lost 1 my dad checked the others pressed them and another one came out with only 3 clips.
I've looked at lots of Ignis but have never seen a missing center cap so loosing them isn't a common problem. Check that they're fitted nice and square when youve been for tyres or a puncture and you shouldn't get a problem. Press them into place squarely tyre fitters are to fond of banging them with the side of their fist.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Being from Detroit, I am a car guy and an XL-7 owner, but was something in the Ignis "gutted"? Is the wheel or rim simply called "alloy"? And I thought Tyre was a Biblical city, now located in Lebanon. Please educate me.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Being from Detroit, I am a car guy and an XL-7 owner, but was something in the Ignis "gutted"? Is the wheel or rim simply called "alloy"? And I thought Tyre was a Biblical city, now located in Lebanon. Please educate me.
You’re probably having a giraffe but
gutted = dismayed
alloy is short for alloy wheel
tyre surrounds an alloy and was invented by a Brit -John Dunlop. Sometimes misspelt tire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You’re probably having a giraffe but
gutted = dismayed
alloy is short for alloy wheel
tyre surrounds an alloy and was invented by a Brit -John Dunlop. Sometimes misspelt tire.
Oh Cay. Thank ewe four the incite. Eye was sleightly inn the dark, and sum what tyred, butt eye am now as happy as a lark (not the Studebaker of the sixties, nor the Philip Morris cigarette, butt the byrd).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts