Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, tried to see if this was discussed before but couldn't find anything so apologies if this has been raised before.

My clutch looks like it is on the way out with some shuddering in 1st and 2nd when the car heats up, have read some discussions that the dual mass flywheels are not very good in the DDiS so I don't want to spend $2000 every 2 years and was wondering if it would be worth put a solid flywheel conversion in. I have spoken to my local excedy dealer and they have confirmed that I can do it but has not been done by them.

So just a general discussion, has anyone done it? how long ago? has it been better since?

thanks guys

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sorry haven't heard of anyone who's actually done the conversion but am getting closer to heading that way myself.

I think the DMF was introduced from the series 6 onwards so it's probably only been running around about 3 years or so. You might be breaking new ground with this one, at least as far as GVs go.

If you’re confident with the Exedy dealers diagnosis of your shudder, and provided Suzuki made no other changes to the gear train, the conversion would result in being no different to running a pre series 6 Diesel. There’s quite a few on this forum and I can’t recall anyone posting concerns with premature gear box wear or excessive NVH.

Was the $2,000 including fitting? If so, that’s a pretty good price as just an OEM replacement DMF fitted through your Suzuki dealer will set you back well over $3,000.

Down the track, I’m still hopeful of chipping the F9Q but not whilst I still have a DMF fitted. I believe it barely copes now with the standard torque output that it was designed for.

Cheers
Wes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts