Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sorry if this is the wrong place to do this. im a noob. ive spent two day looking at threads. and someone probably knows this off the top of their head.

looking for a drl module in the scrap yards around me and only find 2000 and 2001 sidekicks for parts. if my kick is a 96 how far forward can i look for this part? looks like some go from 89 to 98 and some go from 96 to 2001.. thanks for any help. and thanks for reading this

i have found the part on my kick and a 2001 i found looks close but not exactly the same

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
What is your location? What market is you Sidekick?

I know Geo Trackers, as a GM product, had DRL before the Sidekicks. I didn't think that Sidekicks got DRL in the US market until later...

My Canadian spec 1996 Sidekick Sport DOES have DRL but it is wired differently that even the 1997 version of the same car. I think it changed each year as they figured out the best method to do it.

You might be better off disabling the stock system and (if required or desired) adding an aftermarket module that uses the blinker lights. (Saving the head light bulbs and addressing a few other downsides of headlight based DRL.) See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EBuKLxxXco

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
What is the part number of the unit that you have?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am sorry i now have a bigger problem. i took motor out to fix rear main seal and put it all back in and now no start. can jump st wire to battery and it will turn over but no start. fuel pump comes on but no spark and nothing from key but bells and lights. i will put a new post asking for help and try to get all the info someone might need to get the facts straight.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
You might want to start a new thread with a title the reflects the current problem.

Save this thread for when you come back to this problem. :)

(But, I'd suspect a connector or ground was missed during the reinstall.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts