Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previous cars I've owned have all been big with bigger engines, but not as much fun as the Ignis. This car is fun to drive. Do you also think so?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi alice ! Yes, I enjoy it more because of been part of the manufacturing unit.

Originally posted by alice@Jul 24 2004, 11:39 AM
Previous cars I've owned have all been big with bigger engines, but not as much fun as the Ignis. This car is fun to drive. Do you also think so?

·
Registered
27 Posts
£ for £, it is the best hot hatch you can buy in the UK. Faster than more expensive rivals such as MINI Cooper etc, it is the fastest accelerating (new) car you can buy for £10,000 or less. Handles like a dream. Out-paces 2 litre cars in a straight line, murders them through corners. The brakes are fantastic, all round discs with ABS & EBD on a car as light as this! (Mine has been lightened further). The seats are brilliant, stereo is great for a "budget" car, engine / exhaust sound meaty. Just can't recommend the Ignis Sport enough. Cracking car. Have to say I wouldn't buy a non-sport Ignis though. Pensioner-mobiles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds good. I wouldn;t mind upgrading to one of these Ignis Sport's. The second hand ones are really cheap. I enjoyed my old '95 Swift GTI but it lacked safety features, so the Ignis has at least taken care of that front.
Currently I have a '90 MR2 which is getting to the stage where it's more of a collecters car than a daily driver. I would keep it and get another car if I could afford to but I can;t so I'll look into the Ignis Sport or maybe a 2000 Celica.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by PatriotUK@Oct 1 2004, 09:31 AM
£ for £, it is the best hot hatch you can buy in the UK. Faster than more expensive rivals such as MINI Cooper etc, it is the fastest accelerating (new) car you can buy for £10,000 or less. Handles like a dream. Out-paces 2 litre cars in a straight line, murders them through corners. The brakes are fantastic, all round discs with ABS & EBD on a car as light as this! (Mine has been lightened further). The seats are brilliant, stereo is great for a "budget" car, engine / exhaust sound meaty. Just can't recommend the Ignis Sport enough. Cracking car. Have to say I wouldn't buy a non-sport Ignis though. Pensioner-mobiles.
whats the ignis like to drive compared to a swift gti?

·
Registered
197 Posts
When I visit the UK in the future, I'll definitely go and test drive an Ignis Sport! I've always heard people say about how fun it is to throw it into the corners!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Patriot Uk,
£ for £, it is the best hot hatch you can buy in the UK. Faster than more expensive rivals such as MINI Cooper etc, it is the fastest accelerating (new) car you can buy for £10,000 or less. Handles like a dream. Out-paces 2 litre cars in a straight line, murders them through corners
what 2 litre cars does it outpace?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by edinburgh@Nov 26 2004, 05:16 PM
Patriot Uk,
what 2 litre cars does it outpace?
We all know that you're not allowed to do more than 70 in the UK, so the top speed is irrelevant really, Here's some(source Whatcar);

Saab 9-5 Saloon 2.0t Linear 4dr
Saab 9-5 Saloon 2.0t Vector 4dr
Saab 9-5 Saloon 2.0t Vector Sport 4dr
Vauxhall Vectra Saloon 2.2 16v Life 4dr
Vauxhall Vectra Hatchback 2.2i 16v SXi 5dr
Vauxhall Vectra Hatchback 2.2i 16v SRi 5dr
Audi A3 Hatchback 2.0 FSi 3dr
Audi A3 Hatchback 2.0 TDi 3dr
Audi A4 Saloon 2.0 4dr
Audi A6 Avant 2.0 5dr
Citroën C4 Hatchback 2.0 16v VTR Plus 5dr
Citroën C4 Coupe 2.0 16v VTR Plus (141bhp) 3dr
Ford Focus Hatchback 2.0i 16v Zetec 3dr
Ford Mondeo Saloon 2.0i 16v Zetec-S 4dr
Ford Mondeo Hatchback 2.0i 16v LX 5dr
Ford Focus Hatchback 2.0i 16v Ghia 5dr
Lexus IS Saloon 200 2.0 4dr
Lexus IS SportCross 200 2.0 5dr
Mazda 3 Saloon 2.0 Sport 4dr
Peugeot 307 Hatchback 2.0 16v S 3dr
Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 16v SE 5dr
Peugeot 307 Coupé Cabriolet 2.0i 138bhp 2dr
Subaru Impreza Saloon 2.0 GX Sport AWD 4dr
Volkswagen Beetle Hatchback 2.0 3dr
Volkswagen Beetle Cabriolet 2.0 2dr
Volvo C70 Convertible 2.0 T GT 2dr

Amongst others probably

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok one of my friends has a 1.6SE Honda Civic. 92 or 93 plate. Would the Ignis sport be able to out beat his car off the lights?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just adding my agreement to the great drive comments. I've done over 10,000 miles, I use it as my company car and try and stick to A roads, so much fun!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am picking my New Black Sport up tomorrow. I road tested it a few days ago and loved it, briliant car. The best bit is the price though I managed to get a new unregistered Black one on the road for .....£7195 yep !! What a steal for a motor like this. :lol: :lol:

Roll on tomorrow :D

cheers

Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just Collected my Ignis Sport, first drive was up a packed M1 :-(( But will take it to Scotland this weekend, I can't wait !!
One question will 14" steel wheels fit ? I ask because I have a set of new 14" winter tyres (From Sweden) which might be usefull over the winter.

cheers

Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by vidking@Dec 2 2004, 04:45 PM
Just Collected my Ignis Sport, first drive was up a packed M1 :-(( But will take it to Scotland this weekend, I can't wait !!
One question will 14" steel wheels fit ? I ask because I have a set of new 14" winter tyres (From Sweden) which might be usefull over the winter.

cheers

Steve
From my humble experience in trying to get someone to tell me if it's OK to use the venoms that I had from a previous Golf GTi, I'll try to help, but don't hold me to this because its based on advice, and if youre not sure, then take it to a wheel and tyre expert.

Basically the PCD (diameter of the Studs) is 100mm, and the Bore (centre cap) is 54mm, now, it's quite important to get the PCD right (measure the distance between the centre of 2 of the holes for the wheel studs), but the Bore is actually only important in centering the wheel when you put it on. Basically, if youre putting a wheel on the has a smaller bore it won't fit, but there aren't many wheels with a smaller bore than 54, so that should be OK, :unsure: BUT, if the bore is bigger (in my case it was 60mm), then you just need to be careful to be sure that when you put the wheel on, it is centred. This is done by making sure that you are very careful in tightening the nuts - i.e slowly and alternate diagonally as you tighten them, once in place.

If the wheel isn't centred, you'll soon find out through an alarming judder from the wheels, or uneven breaking - probably not recommended in snow with a cliff on either side of the road. :(

Hope this helps, because it took me ages to get any sort of sensible reply.

You can get centre caps, apparently, but no one seems too willing to provide them, probably because they recognise a scouse accent, and assume the worst!

Good luck, but I still have doubts.

Jonnyboy

·
Registered
34 Posts
cant knock the car it is fun to drive when me dad lets me an has shamed many cars that are more expensive an meant to be better than it. And it always gets loads of attention at the car meets we take it to

my brother had a twin turbo supra and it could not keep up with the ignis round the really twisty lanes down here

·
Registered
34 Posts
yer looks good mate is that a custom made exhaust system on your car if so is it a full system or just a back box if its a full system where did u get it from an have you seen much difference in performance

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Dex

It's a cat back system, I did it more for look and a bit of bass sound...the engine revs nice and cleanly since I put a K&N Induction filter on, and the new pipe wprk just sets it off nicely...well worth the £200 spent... :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts