Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 90,000 mile September 2007 Ignis 5 door has a rattly o/s driveshaft. I anticipate this is not an unusual problem (I owned minis in the distant past!) I ordered a pair on line & one (n/s of course) fits perfectly The o/s appears to be too long. I am going back to the garage to see exactly where it is too long (which end!) They are Pattern parts from a decent source with consecutive part nos (n/s EBTDS5117 o/s .....5118)
VIN TSMMHX51S00292930 Engine Mi3A 8029063
I did fit a replacement (used gearbox a year or so back...could this be a problem? I doubt it as the ori ginal shafts fitted it without a problem.
Any ideas out there?

·
Registered
866 Posts
The o/s appears to be too long.
There is a difference (huge) between Auto and Manual in the 00-05 models. N/S is same, O/S is not.

There is always the chance your new shafts are to suit current generation Ignis which is nothing like Gen 1 and 2 and I hate Suzuki for this re-birthing a name of an unpopular model (at least unpopular in Australia).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a difference (huge) between Auto and Manual in the 00-05 models. N/S is same, O/S is not.

There is always the chance your new shafts are to suit current generation Ignis which is nothing like Gen 1 and 2 and I hate Suzuki for this re-birthing a name of an unpopular model (at least unpopular in Australia).
This car is, of course, the later version of the original model, totally different to the current ones as you say. The shaft labels are marked as 1.3 03-08, so appear to be correctly identified. I will interrogate the garage this morning!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This car is, of course, the later version of the original model, totally different to the current ones as you say. The shaft labels are marked as 1.3 03-08, so appear to be correctly identified. I will interrogate the garage this morning!
Curiouser & curiouser! My replacement shaft is about 650mm long other new ones seem to be 620mm. One manufacturer in Birmingham (J&R) says theirs are 650 (@£50) & he hasn't any 620's....
The OEM part no quoted by all alternatives is 4410 86 G00/01/02 (interchangeable)
The long ones are ~£50 (my product is EBTDS118... & EBT seem to be no longer trading).
The short ones are ~ £90!!
GRR!!

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Ones for the manual, ones for the auto. They are the same length one side and different lengths on the other. I think 2000ignis mentioned this, I hate trying to find bits for these cars, same name, 3 different vehicles here.and nothing interchangeable

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It did need the shorter shaft ...only available in the more expensive variant. Anyone need a N/s used , but useable shaft? ABS ring pretty rusty, bur still working. £20 including shipping or £10 if you collect. Swap for a glove box catch if you pay the shipping!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts