Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003xl7 and I need to replace the alternator and AC belts.Can someone tell me how to do it. Also is it a T50 or T47 do I use for the pivot bolt on the alternator?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced my alternator and PS belt and thanks to all my suzuki fellows, I was able to do it without sending it to my mechanic. If you are just replacing the belts, You do not necessary have to remove the pivot T50 torx bolt that is holding the alternator. Just loosen the top bolt of the alternator and with a hammer amd a straight pipe, just move the alternator to the right to loosen the belt. If it does not move spray the pivot bolt with penetrating oil ( it should move). You need a 10mm to loosen the PS belt. Loosen the two bolts of the PS belt and use the 10mm hex to help loosen the belt. The installation is the reverse. Prepare some scratches on your hands because of the tight space. Hope it helps. Now I have new belts for the truck. Thank you

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Just loosen the top bolt of the alternator and with a hammer amd a straight pipe, just move the alternator to the right to loosen the belt. If it does not move spray the pivot bolt with penetrating oil ( it should move).
You really need to loosen that lower bolt- using a hammer and pipe to force it is asking for trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts