Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
This may work on the rear rotors but the front are vented(little ribs between the inside and outside surface). I do not know how much you would gain from a few ounces less, the reason some rotors are cross drilled and sloted are for the gasses that are created by hard braking, this gas can build up between the pad and rotor, the holes and slots let the gas escape so the pads don't "float" on gas. This is also why some pads have the split in the middle of them.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by ashark2@Jan 9 2005, 03:10 PM
This may work on the rear rotors but the front are vented(little ribs between the inside and outside surface). I do not know how much you would gain from a few ounces less, the reason some rotors are cross drilled and sloted are for the gasses that are created by hard braking, this gas can build up between the pad and rotor, the holes and slots let the gas escape so the pads don't "float" on gas. This is also why some pads have the split in the middle of them.
Im more intrested in the increased breaking aspect of it.. i know you cant lose much weight. Im putting front carbon fibre pads on the front and they have massive gains from holes and slots, anything to get rid of heat and the gases

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by kinkyllama@Jan 10 2005, 01:34 AM
If you drilled the break rotors for reduced weight and so the heat disapaites (sp?) faster... do the holes have to be perfectly balanced? Is it even worth the hassel?

and would a shop do it? I'd imagine the price wouldnt be worth it. but im woundering
Don't get youself in to this stupid thing. Either buy the drilled factory msde one or forget about it. You won't gain anything anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts