Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've recently purchased a 2013 1.2 5dr swift. I have child seats in the back so need the doors to stay open when loading the kids on the car. The problem is that they will not stay open - even when parked on a flat surface.
Looking online it appears doors are either held open by the hinges or check straps, depending on the make/model. My check straps appear to have raised sections on them indicating they may be responsible for holding the doors open. I'm guessing they're worn so replacing these should fix the problem?
Before I buy new check straps and try to remove the door card, etc. based upon a guess that they're the cause, does anyone have any experience of this issue or alternative suggestions?
Thank you.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Check they haven't had a lot of lube applied to them and they are actually just slipping on the spring clamps inside the doors.
I made that mistake on my swift, cleaned them with brake cleaner and literally 2 drops of push bike chain oil to stop them rusting and squeaking

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 2013GV for the reply.
I'll get some brake cleaner this weekend and give it a go. If it doesn't work then you've also confirmed the check straps are responsible for holding the doors open so replacements should work🤞.
Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts