Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided it was time to finish the AC, figure out why the new (and last one) alt charges only sometimes and get the new OEM clutch cable installed. She has been sitting since spring as I cant use her when I'm working, it's just not suited to incidental transportation of the elderly. I picked up a motorcycle midsummer and that distracted me when I did have free time.

I went to get in and I couldn't open either door, the door handles move freely like they are broken inside and out, I cant lock or unlock with the key, got inside through the back and the thumb locks wont move very far either. I popped a door panel and the handles/linkage are fine, there is something along the latch part that is frozen solid. I suspect moisture got in during the crazy rainy period and there was humidity inside from it sitting for so long. Something got straight up corroded but damn if I can see what, I pushed, pulled and pried, then doused everything with penetrating oil yesterday and still solid.

Am I the first one with this?
Any tips?

Thanks folks

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got it. The window seals had deteriorated just enough to let water into the door and rusted the door latch actuators solid. A lot of penetrating oil and prying it back an forth with a screwdriver finally freed it up enough for me to hit that stepped downbar with a screwdriver and pop the doors open. It was a bit of a bitch with the doors sealed shut and the plastic door cards pulled back just enough.

Looks like I'm after window seals now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts