Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one know how to remove the silver trim panel on the side doors is it just clips or retaining screws? Got my whole front trim parts painted up will post pictures when its done. also can you take the silver accents on the steering wheel?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
any one know how to remove the silver trim panel on the side doors is it just clips or retaining screws? Got my whole front trim parts painted up will post pictures when its done. also can you take the silver accents on the steering wheel?
They don't come out...part of the whole panel. It's not too hard to remove and tape off though.

I'm not sure if the steering wheel ones come off...I just taped it off really good.

How'd you remove your front trim pieces?

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
the steering wheel pieces pop out. just be carefull. im pretty sure the door pieces are bolted on. do a search someone made a thread about doing this a while back

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just unscrewed the two screws in front over the speedo, popped it out (clips) had to take glove box out to get cd player trim out (clips) And a gazillion screws and bolts on the right side panel. It was a pain on that one. I got the steering wheel accents off and painted also did dome lights and power window trim.. So all thats left is the door panel trim wich Id really like to take off but I think it will be too hard so I will just tape it off good.. Its looking sick best/cheapest dress up for interior I got a color match paint to my car and doing black on other inserts I think you will all like what Ive done.. any one else got pics of what theyve done?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you have to take the whole door panel off to remove the trim panels. It's a piece of cake, there's like 5 screws holding it in to the door. There's another thread that explains how to remove the door, just search it.
Thanks Id rather take them off to do it then paint with it still on :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts