Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next up on my list of stuff to do are door panels. Mine are in poor shape.

Should I go with ABS or diamond plate? Pros/Cons of each?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
its pretty much a matter of asthetics. What look do you like better on your rig? If you have diamond plate accents then go diamond plate, if you have black vinyl seats and pad covers you might like the ABS better. They don't serve a function other than to cover a gaping hole in your door.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I chose ABS for its looks and weight. I don't like to add any weight to the Zuk, unless I really do get something for it. ABS is a lot kinder to my sore knees, when I bang 'em against something.

You might consider applying sound deadener inside the door skins before you put the panels back on. A good place to start is: Sound Deadener Showdown
[A lot of folks rave about the asphalt-based products, but they're not for me. I'm only going to do this job once and it's got to be the best job I can do.]

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I have used both styles. The abs is plain and easy to clean. The DP looks great and wears well. Most of the DP kits are aluminum and they turn out to be almost as light weight as the ABS kits. Your choice really depends on what looks good with what you are building. a more radical trail rig looks good with DP and the more normal street rig does well with ABS... Your rig, your call.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts