Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

My "door open" dashboard indicator light has been blinking erratically despite all doors being shut. I noticed that the blinking is more pronounced when accelerating or when ascending inclines. I checked all door switches and they were all working fine. Also, when the "door open" dashboard light is on despite the car being parked and all doors securely shut, I could not use the key remote to lock or open the vehicle. There was an instance wherein several other dashboard lights (e.g. 4WD, gear, etc.) likewised blinked when the vehicle started moving.

I was wondering if anybody else experienced the same thing and would have a solution to my problem. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Check all the door strikers, especially the one in the back. They often come loose and the doesn't close tightly

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Hi All,

My "door open" dashboard indicator light has been blinking erratically despite all doors being shut. I noticed that the blinking is more pronounced when accelerating or when ascending inclines. I checked all door switches and they were all working fine. Also, when the "door open" dashboard light is on despite the car being parked and all doors securely shut, I could not use the key remote to lock or open the vehicle. There was an instance wherein several other dashboard lights (e.g. 4WD, gear, etc.) likewised blinked when the vehicle started moving.

I was wondering if anybody else experienced the same thing and would have a solution to my problem. Thanks!
Like larry said, it could be a faulty door switch, or a misalignment of the switch so that it does not get pushed far enough in to deactivate all the time while moving.

I agree with Larry that you should check your rear door first. Some have reported that it may sag a little over time, so that could be causing the problem.

Alternatively, remove the switch from the car and check for water inside it.

If you also saw many other lamps come on, then maybe you have a loose connector somewhere. Finding which one could be difficult as there is many connection panels. Only a complete list of the lamps seen could help pinpoint where to start. Since your door indicator seem to be consistent, then perhaps that is the best place to start.

When the light come on at the dash board, does the overhead cabin light also turn on ?

Can you induce the fault ??
For instance, close all the doors, do not lock the car. Observe that the dash light turns off, then walk around the car and knock on the doors with our hand. Maybe get someone to sit inside and observe the light. If you can not get it to fail, then try doing the same from the inside, and also knock on the kick panels (bottom left hand side and right hand side facing the door, just in front of the hinges. This is where the connectors are.

Let us know any results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks lumpylarry/dkguffe,

Apparently, one of the screws of the door catch of the tailgate was very loose (how it got that way is still a big mystery to me). All I needed to do was to tighten the screw and the problem was resolved.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Thanks lumpylarry/dkguffe,

Apparently, one of the screws of the door catch of the tailgate was very loose (how it got that way is still a big mystery to me). All I needed to do was to tighten the screw and the problem was resolved.
Pleasure to be able to help a fellow GV owner.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Is the rear door "striker" that cup-shaped thing mounted to the hatch opening? I wonder if they come loose as the hinges wear and the hatch sags, which would then bump against the striker on rough roads.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
no, the striker is the U-shaped metal piece that the latch hooks onto, its held in place with 2 screws, those screws often come loose and the door doesn't close as tightly as it should..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

I have a 2009 Suzuki Grand Vintura and that is exactly why I'm on here.
Mine does the EXACT same thing. I've also notice it seems to do it when it rains more.
I have been told to check all latches and sensor.
I'm afraid I'm going to get stranded but so far I haven't.
I purchased mine brand new in 2009 and I have done brakes and blower motor, I have only 36,000 miles on it
Please help me, I have an excuse... I'm a female!! Lol

·
Registered
8,805 Posts
Double check the rear hatch... most often the one that does not latch properly

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2009 Suzuki Grand Vintura and that is exactly why I'm on here.
Mine does the EXACT same thing. I've also notice it seems to do it when it rains more.
I have been told to check all latches and sensor.
I'm afraid I'm going to get stranded but so far I haven't.
I purchased mine brand new in 2009 and I have done brakes and blower motor, I have only 36,000 miles on it
Please help me, I have an excuse... I'm a female!! Lol
I did but I will recheck it. Are you talking about the one that is a U shape?
Thank you so much for responding.
I will soon let you know.🙂

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
basically, make sure the doors are closed fully. If they aren't as you drive the doors vibrate and the door switch will make and break contact. If its worse after rain, then look at a wiring issue on one of the door switches.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I do know all the doors are closed good, I will pull over and open and close them again.
I will also have to turn off my interior lights because my car is thinking I have my doors open ( even though there not) and it will leave them lights on running down my battery.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
in that case you need to find which door switch is faulty. time to get the multimeter and the screw driver out.
Remove each door switch in turn with all the other doors shut (i'm now assuming that with all doors shut interior light is still on) and un plug it. when you find the faulty switch and remove and unplug it (reason I say unplug is that some have a 2 wire connection and don't reply on grounding to the body of the car to operate) the light should go out.
Then its a simple matter of working out whats wrong with the switch.

If this doesn't solve it, then it may be an auto electrician job and a wiring issue. Rodent damage is also a possible cause.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts