Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder if anyone has any idea how to adjust the driver side door handle to open easier.

I have to lift the handle with two hands. The passenger side opens fairly easily,

Is there any mechanism or rod that can be adjusted within the door handle assembly/mechanism?

Additionally, my ride is a tintop and I can't lock the back door because of a tiny plastic part, not far from the handle, is broken. Anyone know where I can find that little part?

Really appreciate any help,
Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
Those plastic door handles are a pain...they can however be lubed with white lithium grease...read the label to be sure the stuff u use is plastic friendly.
It is a job to take the inside panels off the door. Use a rag or the proper tool to take the clips off the window winder/door opener.
Lube up all the moving parts with a touch of the lithium.
Mine need it every couple years. Using 2 hands to open the door will eventually break the plastic and even gorrilla glue will not repair it.
If they are already broken or cracked replace them before u are locked out.
A solution to the loss of the inside tabs is to set a long screw into the mechanism as a temporary fix. Sadly mine have been more permanent than temporary...waiting for a donor Sami can be a long wait as those handles and regulators go fast from the Auto Wreckers near my community.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wonder if anyone has any idea how to adjust the driver side door handle to open easier.

I have to lift the handle with two hands. The passenger side opens fairly easily,

Is there any mechanism or rod that can be adjusted within the door handle assembly/mechanism?

Additionally, my ride is a tintop and I can't lock the back door because of a tiny plastic part, not far from the handle, is broken. Anyone know where I can find that little part?

Really appreciate any help,
Thanks
There is an adjustment for free-play on the door handle, that is done by taking out the door handle rod and spinning it.

I don't have any problems with the original plastic handles, matter a fact mine are orignal 23 year old handles that work GREAT! KEY is they need to be cleaned and lubed. Take off the door panel, and spray all moving parts, latch, handle, ect... it will work like a new one. when I got my sami they were just like yours, needing two hands to operate. now i can fart on the door handle and it will open :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
There is an adjustment for free-play on the door handle, that is done by taking out the door handle rod and spinning it.

I don't have any problems with the original plastic handles, matter a fact mine are orignal 23 year old handles that work GREAT! KEY is they need to be cleaned and lubed. Take off the door panel, and spray all moving parts, latch, handle, ect... it will work like a new one. when I got my sami they were just like yours, needing two hands to operate. now i can fart on the door handle and it will open :)
I did the same adjustment on mine, first I turned it the wrong way and it got worse, it seemed backwards to me. Just try it once you adjust it before you put the panels back on and make sure they work perfect. Pretty easy to do once you see it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts