Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 forenza s wagon. The door ajar light stays on and the dome light as well. It came on while driving one day and now wont got off. I have pulled out and checked all the door switches and they are good. What else can I check? Does anyone know which fuse controls the door switches?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Try disconnecting all four door switches and check that the door ajar light turns off. If it still does not go off, you might have a short to ground in the purple(violet) wire leading to the room light controller I.C.
If no short present, it could be a bad Light Controller I.C.
If there IS a short to ground on the purple wire, you should probably check the S301 connector behind the left kick panel. These "splice packs" are the source of many electrical woes in our cars.
I'm sorry I can not be too specific at this time, as the online manual is, err, offline ATM...
I will attach the room lamp wiring diagram to this post.
Any questions, feel free to ask. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweetness. Thanks for the good advice! And thanks for the wiring diagram.

Sadly, though, the problem is not consistent. Currently, the light works properly. I will need to wait until it shows itself again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You mentioned the splice pack under the left kick panel. Does this pack have anything to do with the daytime running lights or the air bags?

·
Registered
149 Posts
You mentioned the splice pack under the left kick panel. Does this pack have anything to do with the daytime running lights or the air bags?
No. DRL is on splice pack S201 behind the cluster.
No splice packs in the airbag circuit (thank goodness!)

Looks like the online manual is back online (yay!).

Have a look here:
Daewoo Service Manual

Navigate to:
electrical wiring diagrams
LHD - left hand drive (or RHD if that's your case)
electrical wiring diagrams
lamp (map and room) circuit
select the appropriate section, sun roof or no, light decay or no

after the diagrams, there is a detailed connector identification with their respective pinouts and colors.

I feel ya, intermittent failures are a right pain in the ...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The light is on again.

I checked the pack behind the kick panel. It looks fine. I ran my fingers against it, hoping it would cause a flicker in the light. No dice. Is there a specific way to check the splice pack? What about checking for shorts along the purple wire? Also, I assume the light controller is in the dome light. I tried to take the dome light off but couldn't, at least not without what seems to be excessive force. Any ideas there?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm looking at the diagrams. What does "W/H" stand for? How about "Ter"? and what about "I.P"?

·
Registered
149 Posts
IP = Instrument Panel

The way to check any splice pack, besides any visible melting or charred appearance, is to check the individual wires for continuity with a multimeter.
Same color wires *should* be internally connected within the splice pack, as that is what it is for. I emphasize "should" because that is usually where they fail.

In the case of the S301 splice pack, the purple (violet) wires should measure zero (or very near zero) resistance between each other. Use a digital multimeter on the diode or continuity setting and it should beep or show zero on the screen. If your meter does not have a diode function, use the ohms function and verify the reading between each wire is zero or very near zero.

If there are any dubious readings on wires that should be connected within the splice pack, cut them at the splice pack, peel off some insulation at the ends, wrap them together tightly and install a wire connector on the end. Be sure to cover the connection with electrical tape afterwards, for extra protection.

*** Be 100% certain that the wires you connect are indeed, meant to be connected. Check and re-check the diagram before you connect any wires together. ***

Below is a diagram of the inner connections of the S301 splice pack.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, p1nky. I figured checking the wires with a multimeter was the way to do it. I was more interested in knowing up to do the test. Like, do I just stick the red lead into the hole and test off of ground? Do I have to pull wires out? And what about the light controller? Is it located in the dome light? If so, how to I get the dome light off? it seem really hard to pull it out. I didn't want to force it. Does it slide sideways or something?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sorry about that, I reread the entire thread and remembered you were looking for a possible short to ground, not an open circuit in the splice pack.
As you said, you test any of the violet wires to ground (make sure the doors are all shut, or they will be grounded).
If you have continuity to ground at the splice pack, and it does not look melted or burnt, I would proceed as follows:
Label each wire at the splice pack with its position within the splice pack (15 through 20 as shown in the diagram above) so you'd know what part of the circuit they belong to.
Once labeled, they can be cut right at the splice pack and tested for ground individually.
Hopefully, that will narrow down the search to just one area. Say for example, if you get a ground reading from position 19 at the splice pack, you know you have a short to ground in the wire leading to the front left door contact switch.

Once you find and correct the short, you would need to reconnect the wires with a wire connector or similar.

As for the dome light, I hope someone else can chime in, as I haven't been able to remove mine either! I think the controller is in the dome light housing, but again, not sure.

ETA: dome light removal: http://www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki-forenza-reno-forum/36625-dome-light.html#post255579

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again, p1nky. This all may take me a while to work out. I don't have a garage and it is literally -25F outside right now (Duluth, MN). As I mentioned before, the problem is intermittent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2005 forenza

I have 2005 forenza and the door adjar light want come on when any of the doors are open and the doom light stays on as well, the doom light swith will cut on and off. people are saying a door switch or maybe the doom light controller, if the door switch is bad do all of the other doors are affected as well or maybe the doom light got stuck in the door or on setting. The car alarm will not make a sound as well, locks doors but alarm light want come on , need help

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi Ruddyrl welcome to the forum! the first thing i would check would be the door switches. theres one on each door and hood and trunk. thats usually the cause if the alarm wont set. let us know what you find out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts