Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 2dr tracker.

pull fuse and reinstall, interior lights will work for a few minutes, then they won't until i pull the fuse again.

this tells me there is a circuit breaker somewhere. but where?

thanks!

-jon

·
Super Moderator
13,894 Posts
Never looked at a Tracker, but on the Suzuki equivalent there is no circuit breaker - that fuse is the only over-current protection.

·
Super Moderator
18,449 Posts
You don't think that the "Tracker" has those, close the door, fade out / auto-extinguishing courtesy lights, do you? :huh:

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,255 Posts
You don't think that the "Tracker" has those, close the door, fade out / auto-extinguishing courtesy lights, do you? :huh:
The Tracker certain does have one of "those", mine does the fade out every time I close the door....

·
Super Moderator
18,449 Posts
Jon. I think you are "in the dark" about how your lights function. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
13,894 Posts
The Tracker certain does have one of "those", mine does the fade out every time I close the door....
You're kidding me - you wouldn't by any chance have the wiring diagrams for your Tracker? Does your model have the BCM?

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
You're kidding me - you wouldn't by any chance have the wiring diagrams for your Tracker? Does your model have the BCM?
Funny that they built like this, no power locks or windows, but auto dim courtesy lights, auto on driving lights by Photo electric.

I have a full factory service manual.. what do you need.. BCM?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, as of now, my car has -no- interior lights.

it does have keyless entry and power windows and locks... things my 2008 yaris don't have... by choice.

but none of this gets me anywhere with my lighting problem.

simply- lights don't work. pull fuse, put fuse back in, lights will work for a few minutes. then they don't work at all. pull fuse and reinstall again, same story.

this tells me something in the circuit is being reset. it has nothing to do with the door jamb switch, the map lights on the mirror behave in the same manner and the dome light works as it should.... when it works.

that's my situation. nothing to do with dimmers or delays. just functioning lights. i'd prefer not to have to start from scratch.

·
Super Moderator
13,894 Posts
Funny that they built like this, no power locks or windows, but auto dim courtesy lights, auto on driving lights by Photo electric.

I have a full factory service manual.. what do you need.. BCM?
It's more curiosity than anything else - I have the Suzuki manuals, but Suzuki didn't use the BCM in the '99's. If your truck has the BCM it would explain how the "auto dim" is done - on the other hand if there is a separate "auto dim" module, I wouldn't mind seeing the wiring that relates to that.

·
Super Moderator
18,449 Posts
pull fuse and reinstall, interior lights will work for a few minutes
max. my lights "don't" function.
Well they do, but they don't. :D

I'm with you now! Initially you threw me off track w/these high-tech fader lights. Wish I had a fix to suggest.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
The dome light has a 3 set switch, try another setting

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't seem to find a wiring diagram pertaining to the dome light circuit. Does anyone have a diagram available and/or can provide me the wire color and connection under the dash I might be looking for? Map lights work on the mirror, but the dome light is not working and the switch seems suspect as I have to hold it to the right for it to stay on. Is there also a trick to removing the dome light without breaking anything? I assume the lens pops off and then some sort of screws or fastening system will present itself? Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
13,894 Posts
What vehicle - put it in your profile or signature so that you don't have to put it in every post and we don't have to ask.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you fordem! I updated my signature as well to identify my vehicle. I'm going to see if I can track through the circuit.

Do you know how the dome light assembly in my 03 2dr tracker should come out? The assembly is somewhat loose in the surrounding plastic headliner and leads me to believe it might be a snap in type fitting. I only briefly tried to remove the lens cover without any luck, but I may try to investigate further.

·
Super Moderator
13,894 Posts
For reasons known only to GM, the electricals are one of the areas they chose to change - we didn't get the Trackers where I am, I have little experience with them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts