Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife's SX4 has been attacked by a dog, tearing off both front fender trims and severely destroying the metal , a 1500/2000C$ damage. I'll post photos later. I had seen this on you tube (search dog attacks car) but could not believe this could happen here. Lesson: dogs are unpredictable. YOU tube videos seem to indicate dogs have fun with this but in this specific case, it is POSSIBLE , though not proven, that the dog was chasing a squirrel that was hidden under the car. THe dog might have though it would find it if it demolished the car. I had seen it attacking the front right fender...and stopped it but it had already made the worst on the left side.

·
Super Moderator
12,250 Posts
I've not personally seen dogs cause sheet metal damage, but I have had various rubber & plastic trim items destroyed - the worst for me has been the transmission wiring harness on a Mitsubishi - fortunately I was able to repair the damage myself, but it took what was essentially a day & a half, I wouldn't have wanted want to have to foot the bill for someone else's time.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
seen it happen, thankfully not on my cars. We use dogs here for hunting feral pigs and i've seen all sorts of damage from them to vehicles, trailer ramps, aluminium tread plate boxes etc. Teeth and a strong dog, great combination.

My pup has 2 old car tyres as chew toys.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Pics

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
minor bite marks, that will buff out ;).....the dents however.....

Wait till you get a bored American Bulldog having a quiet gnaw on things.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car has been repaired as new while we were on a trip overseas. Several damaged parts that were not considered initially have been replaced including two new front fenders, front "bumper" and grille, inner fenders, etc....all amounting to $4kCanadian, taken by my insurance.....this dog had a bite....
Photo coming.....

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Photo coming.....
of the dog? I can't wait, mines in my profile pic now, back when she was young and cute.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
....of the dog? ....
Hey....not a bad idea...it sounded like that indeed, although not intended, but I'll see what I can do
:giggle:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts