Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '87 Samurai and I've heard a lot of people say that it is a good idea to get the headers and replace the exhaust with a 2" pipe. I was thinking about getting the headers, replacing the stock pipe with a 2 1/2" pipe, getting a high flow cat, and installing a flowmaster 4400 series muffler. Does this sound like a good option? Would this be beneficial over a 2" pipe?

Thanks guys,
-Matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any upgrade in the flow of the exhaust system will improve horsepower (and sound of course). For additional and better results, get the air in quicker by replacing the stock filter with a K & N hi flow or similar. The faster and cooler the air goes throught the motor, the better it will run. 2 inch is ample for the little 1.3.

Cheers,
Reida.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the response. I actually talked to another Samurai buddy of mine and he told me that 2 1/2" is too big. 2" is ideal. The Samurai needs a little bit of back pressure and if you get too big with the exhaust, you'll start to lose low end. I'm getting a 2" setup put on mine later this afternoon. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts