Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Gran Vitara XL5 SQ 2008 (2G) 4x4 2.0L 4C Synchronous Manual Gearbox 5-speed
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just realized that one of the heating hoses is rubbing against the engine and has eaten, to the point that it already has a hole (see attached photo). Looking at the space and arrangement, I notice that if I exchange their place in the connections that lead to the inside of the cabin, I can prevent them from continuing to break due to wear against the engine.
Can I exchange their position? Does the direction in which the hot water flows in the heater matter?
I appreciate the help in advance, thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,542 Posts
The only drawback would be if the in-flow is connected to the upper hose it may restrict any air from exiting the heater core..

Reactions: xelavalle

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanks to both of you, I will have to protect the hose with rubber tape where it rubs so that it does not break again.

·
Super Moderator
18,860 Posts
I don't think that hose orientation will make any discernible difference since the inlet and outlet are at the top of the actual heater core. If they were located at the bottom and top, reversing the flow might cause air to become trapped within the core at the upper portion, affecting heat transfer.

Have you looked at the PRE-bent (molded) heater hose selection at an Auto Parts store? There should be something available to better route with. ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think that hose orientation will make any discernible difference since the inlet and outlet are at the top of the actual heater core. If they were located at the bottom and top, reversing the flow might cause air to become trapped within the core at the upper portion, affecting heat transfer.

Have you looked at the PRE-bent (molded) heater hose selection at an Auto Parts store? There should be something available to better route with. ;)

Yes, I even bought the ones that sell "original" that already come with the shape and curves, but that one in particular that the hole was opened by friction I could not change it because the connection in the motor is very low and very narrow and not I was able to manipulate the clamp to remove it. So I opted to patch the broken one.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,542 Posts
How would air flow be restricted in that instance? :rolleyes:
The air that would be trapped in the top of the heat exchange in the cooling system, Not the cabin airflow..

·
Super Moderator
18,860 Posts
Oh! But potential coolant side introduced air of that nature (internal to the core) will purge, as both hose pipes actually route (are equal height location) at the top of the heater core. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts