Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my '87 Samurai late last night and the drivers window crank is missing. I have a couple extra for the Sidekick that I scavenged awhile back and just wondering if they will fit the Samurai. My gut instinct says no but if you can verify, please do. I am at work and can't look until late this evening and probably won't feel like it then:mad:
Thanks in advance, The Freak:eek:

·
Registered
192 Posts
OK, this is just creepy as hell... my drivers side just stripped today...
so I'm interested in this too. Aren't they just a standard (metric) crank size?
Will just any old import handle work? What about the Pep Boys 'Help' line of parts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just picked up my '87 Samurai late last night and the drivers window crank is missing. I have a couple extra for the Sidekick that I scavenged awhile back and just wondering if they will fit the Samurai. My gut instinct says no but if you can verify, please do. I am at work and can't look until late this evening and probably won't feel like it then:mad:
Thanks in advance, The Freak:eek:
not sure about the crank but I know mine on my '87 Samurai is stripped so I use a ratchet with a 12pt 10mm socket...the first time it took a pound or 2 (the splines were stripped on the window crankshaft itself! otherwise it would have went on smooth!)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I bust mine every once in a while. The autoparts "HELP" generic handles work just fine. Take your handle with you to make sure you get the right one. There are several handles available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O.K. for anyone who cares, I found out my answer. I thought I had extra cranks for the sidekick but I didn't, finally made it out to the junkyard today and got one off an old sidekick and YES they fit and work perfectly, same crank.;) The Freak:eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts
My window and my crank are semi-stripped. Previous owner used a pair of Vice grips on the lift part. Before they both strip completely, I stuck the crank on with JB Weld. We'll see how it long it lasts, but so far, so good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts