Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on the Weber outlaw 38 carb and it runs great!! I am now just trying to clean up the engine compartment.. Can I just run the line from the carb that goes to the EVAP canister directly into the the line that goes to the tank, that originally came from the EVAP.. thus taking it out of the loop?
ny problems with doing this?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The part that connects to the carb just draws fuel vapor in to the carb when cold starting to help the combustion process. Without the hitachi or aisin carb, you don't need that line hooked up. just take the line from the carb and cap it off. You do need the evap canister to vent the tank. Without it, you are venting fuel vapor directly to the air. It tends to get really gassy smelling in the cabin with the windows up and top on, and it's also possible to ignite the vapor. If you run the vent line from the tank to the vapor return to the tank you close the system and it can't draw air into the tank to displace the vacuum created from pumping fuel out, and you can't vent pressure created from changes in altitude and temperature.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts