Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a nice write up on how to do a fiberglass subwoofer enclosure in your spare tire well without losing the sparetire and without losing much space. This looks pretty nice and I think I will be doing this quite soon since my daughters stroller takes up alot of space in the rear hatch.

K-Series.com - The Honda and Acura K Motor Solution

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
pretty nice and simple to do. i was thinking of doing something similar i saw the same basic install in a book or mag. im thinking either that or an enclosure on the side of the trunk. this one i could do myself though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I saw this write up a while back, but before you use this method, realize that your woofer will now be exposed to everything you put in your trunk. A stroller, groceries, etc. can easily puncture the cone or otherwise damage your speaker. If you're willing to use fiberglass, can I suggest that you put the sub in the corner of your trunk, instead of the floor. You can still keep your spare, and you lose minimal trunk space; especially if you use a compact subwoofer (pioneer makes 10" and 12" subs that are less than 4" thick). Here's a link to my install; maybe it'll give you more ideas for a space-saving install that minimizes the risk to your sub. federic0's 2006 Suzuki Reno on CarDomain - Page 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts