Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have a 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara with black interior, just purchased an double din dvd/gps unit from Suzuki Grand Vitara DVD GPS Double Din Radio with Bluetooth Touch Screen, the installation for the double din unit is easy, its pretty much plug and play, now I just need to know how to run wires for the reverse camera and how to connect wires for the camera, any suggestions?

·
Registered
66 Posts
hey guys, i have a 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara with black interior, just purchased an double din dvd/gps unit from Suzuki Grand Vitara DVD GPS Double Din Radio with Bluetooth Touch Screen, the installation for the double din unit is easy, its pretty much plug and play, now I just need to know how to run wires for the reverse camera and how to connect wires for the camera, any suggestions?
I installed a similar head unit in my 2007 GV last summer. Very pleased with it considering the price. There was a write up on installing the rear view camera here http://www.suzuki-forums.com/2g-2006-grand-vitara/42399-diy-installing-rear-view-camera-without.html that I found very helpful.

However, I decided to install the camera on the top of the back window (on the inside) mainly to avoid the build up of salt on the lens in winter. Not the ideal place for up close but still helpful. If I remember right it wasn't such a bad job, just took a while to decide where to mount it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed a similar head unit in my 2007 GV last summer. Very pleased with it considering the price. There was a write up on installing the rear view camera here http://www.suzuki-forums.com/2g-2006-grand-vitara/42399-diy-installing-rear-view-camera-without.html that I found very helpful.

However, I decided to install the camera on the top of the back window (on the inside) mainly to avoid the build up of salt on the lens in winter. Not the ideal place for up close but still helpful. If I remember right it wasn't such a bad job, just took a while to decide where to mount it.
Thanks very much, that's really helpful:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts