Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once my 93 Sami warms up misses out so bad u have to hold it to the floor. Think it's module or pick up already changed coil. If u let it cool down runs like new for about 10 miles.
Are there any aftermarket distributors available??
Accel etc?
Part numbers is u have them.
Thank you
Module alone is around 250.00.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've never done this but i remember someone spraying different components with freon to cool it down to isolate the problem. seems crazy but somehow it worked.
Joe

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have you pulled any OBD codes? What makes you think it's in the dizzy? On my 96 Tracker I got the same response with a stuck open IAC thermal control. Car got to much air after it warmed up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't think I was very clear. What I meant to say was, on my tracker it was like my chock was open all the time. At warmer temps the engine was getting to much air and didn't like to run without keeping your foot in the throttle. Once it cooled down, the engine liked the extra air and ran better. I guess my point is that unless you're sure it the distrib I'd look at the carb also.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from a drive. Same issues have not checked codes. Next on list. Could it b a ground problem? Has one before. When it misses out u can smell gas fumes

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry about the brain fart I had in my early IAC comments. It is obviously just the opposite of what I said. Needs more air cold and less hot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried to have auto zone test it said they could until I showed up with dist. Course they said it didn't have a computer???!
They need a new profession!
Vac advance has no vac. Fixed that now ruff idle and misses at steady speed always after 10 plus miles.
Preventive maintance does not mean never open the hood! Lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So will the igniter and or module go in and out or will it just work or not work?
Tech line I called said there was no in between. That it would just go out???
Never heard that before but I'm learning Sami is a whole new animal!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts