Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2009 Suzuki SX4. My problem is that I am continuously having to add coolant to my radiator reserve tank (about 1 qt a week). There are no signs of leaks in the coolant system. The motor has been disassembled and reassembled and no problems were found. I have replaced the radiator cap.

Anyone have a suggestion about where else I might look to remedy this problem? Thanks BobGoldberg Asuncion Paraguay

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
If you are using that much in a week you have a leak somewhere. Check heater core, cracks in block, head etc. Make sure radiator cap is correct pressure. Is it an auto? check transmission isn't getting contaminated with coolant as well.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I own a 2009 Suzuki SX4...
OK at least we know now that you are in Paraguay...best is to write that down in your profile . But we do not know engine type (not sure which are available in Paraguay), mileage,(km), transmission type (AUto have a cooler loop in the radiator, manual do not). Add all of this in your profile or signature with other details...car model (sedan or hatchback...ahh from another of your posts, we know it is a hatchback..but we willnot search all of your posts each time) ), trim, AWD or not....so we do not ask for all of that in future posts.
ALso...why was your engine rebuilt? DId coolant loss begin before or after rebuilt ? Details MAKE a difference between guesses or relevant replies. DO you have a coolant smell when using heater...mmm...in Paraguay, you are probably NOT using the heater....but try it for ANOTHER important detail....and a head gasket failure would impair heater performance(heat would come and go) ....and..and...all other details that can pinpoint to a specific problem, solution...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts