Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyy,

Ok so i crashed my samurai 2 weeks ago, it bent the old axle and diff, so replaced it with a new one, but didnt change the pinion gears etc, just unbolted the central bit n bolted it back into the new axle, came too driving it today, and iam finding that when going straight its ok, but when i turn i get a VERY loud clunkin noise and the whole car shudders, i actually think that the axle is now live and both are turning at the same rate, as if i had diff locks,

Im thinking after research on the web that maybe the pinion gears or spider gears r possibly damaged from my crash, bearing in mind it did bend the axle

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Adam

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Pull the center chunk and strip it down. Check the R&P teeth and the sidegears. Make sure nothing cracked or bent. If all looks good, reassemble. Then take a look at the 'new' axle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the tip, i tore down the chunk to find that my side gears r in piecesss, not the ones with the splines in, the other 2, i have a sj410 diff, will the side gears be the same?

Adam

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I don't think so, different size carrier.
Send me a pic of the gears (so I know which ones you need) and I will see what I have in the garage...
PM me your addy.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Yup, looks like 1 spider gear is trashed and another completely gone. I know I have a few extras in the garage, send me your address and I will throw a few your way. I would also go through the rest of the carrier and axle housing to see if there are any more shards bouncing around...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brilliant! You are aware that i live in Cyprus? Iam moreee than willing too pay the shipping costs through paypal?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Wow. No I wasn't aware of your location, but I'm sure that if you can't find any locally that we can make something work.
It would also be helpful if you add your location to your profile for next time.
Send me an address and I will see what it will cost.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry about that! I cant, finding parts for the samurai's here is a nightmare, I would really appreciate it if u could help me out, il add my location! Address;

Adam Hollyman
House 8A
Kimonos Street
Kallepia, 8541
Paphos
Cyprus

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hello Cypress !
About the damage shown in your pix.
Once bought a Sami full front axle wheel to
wheel...it had been jumped. The 3rd member
(chunk) was not damaged but one axle was.
One axle tube, that the driven axle is sheathed
in, was bent and the birfield was cracked.
So get the whole deal checked out by an
alignment shop to be sure the tubes are not
damaged and the wheel alignment is right.
Putting new parts in without this check may
allow or encourage them to fail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts