Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just confirmed today that my diff lockers are not working. The switch lights up when I push the button but when I lifted the rear tires or the ground and turned the wheels the result are as folllows

gear in neutral 2x4 - only one tire turns with the prop shaft
gear in neutral Tcase on 4x4 - both tires turn opposite directions

Both scenarios above with diff lock on - similar results.

Just to add. I pulled the rubber hose leading the rear differential and could not feel any suction or air pressure.

I also interchanged the two wires or connections located on top of the diff housing but to no avail.

Please advise what other items to check.

Thanks,

K

·
Registered
56 Posts
You have to bring your unit to those mechanic familiar with 4X4 system or else you end up spending more time and money by doing it yourself. Please dont be get offended by my reply same as yours before in feel so much confedent just looking the size of the unit. If your leaving in Cebu try to visit shell station in mactan or caltex station in inayagan after mary help don bosco for your 4x4 problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MJ. none taken.

I've done some reading and below are some points I learned

- Diff lockers will disengage automatically at 35 kph
- Diff lockers will only work on first gear and in reverse
- Diff lockers work on 4 hi and 4 low

More questions though

- Does it work on 2 wheel drive when turned on
- Can it be engaged on the fly on 2 wheel drive
- Can it be engaged on the fly on 4 hi
- Can it be engaged on the fly on 4 low

Upon reading further I now realize that my testing might not be conclusive that my lockers are not working.

Anyone else out there did some testing of your own?

Thanks,

K
Manila PH

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just an update here. I traced the hoses and there was an one way valve ( not sure what its really called ) I inverted this and I can now feel some suction on the tubes heading to the rear diff...will have it tested this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts