Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering has anyone heard of anyone installing s 4 BT Cummins or any other diesel in a Suzuki I have a xl7 and although I do use it for a daily driver. I think how cool it would be to eventually 4 link it with 1 tons and a Cummins swap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking at putting my 04 TDI VW diesel into a Trackick sometime soon, I hope. ACME adapters has stuff for the VW engine swaps, but I think that is all they do. I love my TDI, but I need it in a 4x4 and the Tracker looks like just the right vehicle for me. The swap doesn't sound that bad either. Of course I need to find a Tracker first! The California DMV is one of the things that is scaring me a little, with the smog rules and all.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sevenjays,

I owned a 2000 Chevy Tracker (and sold to my brother) and my wife drives a 2005 Jetta TDI (BEW). Always thought about how BEW would fit but got to wondering about the final drive ratio's. My 2L Tracker, would turn over at around 2900 RPM at 60mph, The Jetta I think would be turning over 1900 rpm at 60mph in 5th..... Is it going to take some pretty serious (large) tires to get the Suzuki drive line to match TDI power plant?

Martin

·
Registered
9 Posts
As you may know the suzuki came with a 2.0 TDI engine and 5 speed gearbox in europe.

You may be able to source and engine and hearbox to do a swap with computer. I'm not sure what the EPA regulations are but you may have to break the wngine down as parts unless its over 14 yrs old.
Don't quote me on that numer.
Link to e bay UK supplies engines
SUZUKI GRAND VITARA 2.0 TURBO DIESEL ENGINE SUPPLY & FIT 2000 - 2007 | eBay

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sevenjays,

I owned a 2000 Chevy Tracker (and sold to my brother) and my wife drives a 2005 Jetta TDI (BEW). Always thought about how BEW would fit but got to wondering about the final drive ratio's. My 2L Tracker, would turn over at around 2900 RPM at 60mph, The Jetta I think would be turning over 1900 rpm at 60mph in 5th..... Is it going to take some pretty serious (large) tires to get the Suzuki drive line to match TDI power plant?

Martin
Good point. I haven't looked at the gearing yet. I don't want to get too big on tires though. Probably I would try to swap out diff gears to solve the issue. I'm leaning towards just an engine swap (with all the TDI electronics) and keep the drivetrain factory. At least not go with Toyota or something else. It seems the Suzuki stuff was pretty good for what I'm wanting to do with the rig. My Jetta is in that 1900 range at 65mph also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts