Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, all!

I was hoping someone here might have some advice-

I just received a new flasher relay and have it installed, and it seems to be working... except for the side turn signals. Front and back work fine, but the side doesn't do anything. The lights flash at a normal speed not quickly, and as far as I'm aware the bulbs worked fine before the old relay went out.

Any chance I got a bad relay? I ordered it online from what I thought was a decent company, but after a delay in shipping I'm beginning to wonder.

Before anyone says anything, yes I'm going to try replacing the bulbs, but an auto store is quite a ways away so I'll have to wait until the weekend.

Thanks in advance!

Wes

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Good afternoon, all!

I was hoping someone here might have some advice-

I just received a new flasher relay and have it installed, and it seems to be working... except for the side turn signals. Front and back work fine, but the side doesn't do anything. The lights flash at a normal speed not quickly, and as far as I'm aware the bulbs worked fine before the old relay went out.

Any chance I got a bad relay? I ordered it online from what I thought was a decent company, but after a delay in shipping I'm beginning to wonder.

Before anyone says anything, yes I'm going to try replacing the bulbs, but an auto store is quite a ways away so I'll have to wait until the weekend.

Thanks in advance!

Wes
You got me curious now - what is it you are putting this flasher relay in to?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, wow... I clearly typed that too quickly and completely forgot to include my vehicle information.

I have a 94 Geo Tracker.
Turn signal and hazard lights went out completely about two weeks ago, hence the flasher relay replacement.

·
Super Moderator
25,561 Posts
Can you spec out your car - year, etc., of what you're driving? Presumably you are talking about the turn signal relay. If your actual turn signals are working, then it would appear that the turn relay is working properly. The left and right side marker lamps work off of different wiring for each side, and each one will work off the same wire as the front turn signal on that particular side, so it would be unlikely that both would have the same problem. Each one splices off the red/yellow wire by the headlight on the same side - have you confirmed the wiring on each side is ok??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts