Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just experienced the "Oil Pressure Low" warning on the DIC. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Oil level seems to be okay and the oil is fairly fresh 5W30 synthetic. The weather here has been extremely cold over the last week but this should be a factor with synthetic oil.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I brought the beast over to my local mechanic because it's been too damned cold to work on it myself. He scanned for codes and it came up clean. He ran an engine flush through it and changed the oil. The theory is that there was a lot of moisture in the crankcase and it may have frozen causing restriction in oil passages. This theory makes sense to me since it gets a lot of short trips. It has been okay since then and I've reminded those in my household who operate it that it needs a good warm up in the cold weather.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update to the low oil pressure warning:

Since I had the engine flushed and new oil put in, no repeat of this condition. I've been careful to allow extra warm-up time in the extreme cold we've been having.
I thought I might run more engine flush through it in the warmer weather. Has anyone tried Sea Foam in their crankcase? I'm thinking of trying some to flush out any further moisture and potential sludge.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi rino65 & Smerby, Could you describe a bit how you changed the oil switch? I was planning for the same job but not sure about a couple of things.
1) what replacement part you got (brand, model?)
2) Is the switch close to the oil filter and exposed? Or do I have to remove stuff to get to it?
3) Smerby mentioned use a special socket to remove the switch, is that true?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I brought the beast over to my local mechanic because it's been too damned cold to work on it myself. He scanned for codes and it came up clean. He ran an engine flush through it and changed the oil. The theory is that there was a lot of moisture in the crankcase and it may have frozen causing restriction in oil passages. This theory makes sense to me since it gets a lot of short trips. It has been okay since then and I've reminded those in my household who operate it that it needs a good warm up in the cold weather.
My oil pressure warning seem to come when it is wet (not necessarily very cold, but if cold and wet it is more likely). I will try flush engine and see how it goes, also change the oil switch. It is really annoying to have this warning light come one on route:mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.