Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a detailed write up of a 1.6l 8v efi swap into a samurai... i cannot find a detailed write up anywhere even on acks faq. does anyone know where i could possibly find a detailed write up for a 1.6l 8v efi swap? if so please let me know... thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
im looking for a detailed write up of a 1.6l 8v efi swap into a samurai... i cannot find a detailed write up anywhere even on acks faq. does anyone know where i could possibly find a detailed write up for a 1.6l 8v efi swap? if so please let me know... thanks
First off you really don't need a detailed write up to do it. I am in the middle of one right now. First get you an engine adapt kit from Trailtough. Now if you don't have a donor car yet personally I would go with a 89-90 tracker/sidekick. first cause you don't have to have the gauge cluster fixed ( 50 bucks). I got a 1990 Geo Tracker runing for 350.00. Didn't want to pay 300+ to have someone do the wiring so here is how I did it. Take out the dash of the geo tracker I mean the entire dash.Unplug things while its running ( unless you want to read countless schematic's one whats what. If it is still running you don't need what you unplugged cut it. If you cut a wire and it dies better conect it back thats a keeper. After I unplug something I turn off the tracker and restart it to assure it didn't change the starting ability. Ok time to strip the wiring harness of tape. Looks ugly but not much to doing it. Remember you have to do the same to the Samurai also. If you want to know more email me cause this takes up alot of writing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts