Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Suzuki forenza 206,000 mi My car has been kicking out random misfire codes I can't get it to pass the New York State inspection because after driving 120 miles the check engine light kicks back on The car runs perfectly as long as it's cold once it warms up then I have this problem with it just running real real rough and trying to shut off I basically have to drive it like a standard one foot on the brake and on the gas to give it more to get the tack up to one so it doesn't shut off if I get on the highway it'll run all right as long as I'm under 60 miles an hour

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,254 Posts
The reason it runs well when cold (open loop) is because it is running on factory matrix, when it warms up (closed loop) it incorporates data from sensors to adjust the fuel to maintain (14.7/1),

You need to use a LIVE DATA scanner to check where the ECU is not happy, you may or may not have a code, but as long as this issue is present, the monitors will not set..
First step, disconnect the MAF sensor and see if it runs better..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason it runs well when cold (open loop) is because it is running on factory matrix, when it warms up (closed loop) it incorporates data from sensors to adjust the fuel to maintain (14.7/1),

You need to use a LIVE DATA scanner to check where the ECU is not happy, you may or may not have a code, but as long as this issue is present, the monitors will not set..
First step, disconnect the MAF sensor and see if it runs better..
Ok I'll give that a try

1 - 3 of 3 Posts