Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still shopping around, checking things out and I noticed these unfortunate change between 2006 and 2007:

While the MP3 player is cool and a must these days, you lose the alloy wheels and get steel wheels with covers - and you lose the fog lamps. Lose ABS too...

I didn't realize this until now because the stock photography at Suzuki.com still shows the alloy wheels and fog lights...:(

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On the other hand, I may try instead to locate a 2006 model white Forenza Wagon, see if I can get one transferred to my dealer. You can't even order ABS anymore unless you get a base wagon and I'm not going without cruise control or remote doors (and don't want rattling door panels after a botched aftermarket job).

·
Registered
265 Posts
i have no ABS... is that only on the wagon?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I saw a white 05 wagon on the freeway the other day, with very dark tint (AZ style) -- and it looked really good. I think that the white and black (like mine) are the best colors.

As far as the ABS, I wouldn't sweat it. The 4-wheel discs really do grab when they need to. I've had to make some panic stops on the freeway (rush hour commuting = 0-70-0), and I have never locked them up. The brakes are good enough without ABS that I wouldn't sacrifice other amenities just to upgrade them.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
schoolpsych said:
As far as the ABS, I wouldn't sweat it. The 4-wheel discs really do grab when they need to. I've had to make some panic stops on the freeway (rush hour commuting = 0-70-0), and I have never locked them up. The brakes are good enough without ABS that I wouldn't sacrifice other amenities just to upgrade them.
I have locked up the brakes. But with the 4 wheel disk brakes and with safe driving and not constaintly breaking hard you don't need ABS.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i have locked up my wheels twice once on accident and once on purpose in wild rivers empty parkinglot (off-season for water parks)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Suzuki just changed the package descriptions since they essentially dropped the premium. I also do not see a option for mag wheels at all. ( from my 07 Suzuki Pocket Guide )

Overall I think they made the most popular selling Suzuki have less value for 07 :(

·
Registered
259 Posts
Judging by your tagline and avatar, I think you might be leaning a little one way -- I'd like to test drive an sx4 myself. I just don't know if it has enough room to fit my gear.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
schoolpsych said:
Judging by your tagline and avatar, I think you might be leaning a little one way -- I'd like to test drive an sx4 myself. I just don't know if it has enough room to fit my gear.
Yeah, I just changed it today. I'm not sure yet myself. When I go to make my deposit, I'm going to test drive both cars back to back. That will make or break one or the other. Specs say the Forenza is more spacious in some aspects, so that will still work to the Forenza Wagon's advantage, as will a better price. But if the SX4 charms me with its fun to drive factor, I migth be willing to pay more.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
SuzukiDon said:
Suzuki just changed the package descriptions since they essentially dropped the premium. I also do not see a option for mag wheels at all. ( from my 07 Suzuki Pocket Guide )

Overall I think they made the most popular selling Suzuki have less value for 07 :(
Yes. Very disappointing since I've wanted one of these for years now - and now that I get ready to buy one it has been decontented but the price hasn't dropped. However if I can find a 2006 model with more incentives on the hood, it would make for a good deal. I really wanted a factory installed MP3 player, though....

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
OK, so I went down and took a look at a new Forenza wagon SIDE BY SIDE with an SX4, both the same color (cobalt blue).

I have to say that the wagon is so much bigger that I am again swayed by the wagon. I mean, if I ever want to get rid of my Bonneville, the Forenza Wagon is big enough to allow me to do that. The SX4 is just too tiny...!

Perhaps Suzuki will bump up the 2007 cash on the hood when the 2006 clearance is over. Then I'll order my 2007. :)

And my avatar changes again......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts